"Bad girls"/"good girls" : women, sex, and power in the nineties, Nan Bauer Maglin and Donna Perry, editorsThe Resource "Bad girls"/"good girls" : women, sex, and power in the nineties, Nan Bauer Maglin and Donna Perry, editors
- "Bad girls"/"good girls" : women, sex, and power in the nineties, Nan Bauer Maglin and Donna Perry, editors
- Title remainder
- women, sex, and power in the nineties
- Statement of responsibility
- Nan Bauer Maglin and Donna Perry, editors
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- "One bird, if there is only one, dies in the night" / Marge Piercy -- And now, babe feminism / Anna Quindlen -- What did you do in the gender wars? / Katha Pollitt -- Confessions of two good girls / Jan Wilkotz and Miranda Wilkotz -- Adjusting to oppression : the rise of therapeutic feminism in the United States / Jillian Sandell -- The personal is still political : the legacy of 1970s feminism / Jane Gerhard -- Villains and victims : "sexual correctness" and the repression of feminism / Ellen Willis -- Dissident heat : fire with fire / bell hooks -- Lorena's army / Katha Pollitt -- "Victim feminism" and the complexities of AIDS / Katie J. Hogan -- Coming out as an alien : feminists, UFOs, and the "Oprah effect" / Jodi Dean -- We are all "good woman!" : a womanist critique of the current feminist conflict / Barbara McCaskill and Layli Phillips -- Silver / Deborah A. Miranda -- Victim and Valkyrie / Anna Quindlen -- Acquaintance rape : revolution and reaction / Paula Kamen -- Truth, community, and the politics of memory : narratives of child sexual abuse / Helen Daniels -- Battering : who's going to stop it? / Ann Jones -- Subject/position / Lillian S. Robinson -- Porn power : sex, violence, and the meaning of images in 1980s feminism / Kegan Doyle and Dany Lacombe -- How being a good girl can be bad for girls / Deborah L. Tolman and Tracy E. Higgins -- Public face, private space : Asian Indian women and sexuality / Shamita Das Dasgupta and Sayantani DasGupta -- Barbie gets breast cancer / Matuschka -- None of my best friends : the media's unfortunate "victim/power" debate / Elayne Rapping -- The invisible ones / Lisa Jones -- "Changing the subject" / Emma Amos
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- xxvi, 303 p.
- (paper : alk. paper)
- Other physical details
ContextContext of "Bad girls"/"good girls" : women, sex, and power in the nineties, Nan Bauer Maglin and Donna Perry, editors
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Oakland University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.